End-to-End Reclaimed Wood Projects
At Knuckles Up Woodwork in Three Rivers, we readily admit that our obsession for reclaimed wood is only surpassed by our love for our customers. Never satisfied with mediocrity, we refuse to cut corners when it comes to the happiness of our clients. To ensure complete and total satisfaction, we remove any chance of miscommunication and error by working hand-in-hand with each client through every step of the project. We handle every detail, from the initial design to final product.
Whether we’re installing a custom shiplap wall for your dining room or building a one-of-a-kind bar for your patio, we follow a proven step-by-step process that is anything but cookie-cutter. Our woodworking services include:
- Personal consultations — From the first moment of our first meeting, we’re committed to following through on your vision. We’ll provide a thorough assessment of every detail of the project to ensure everyone is on the same page, taking into full consideration your unique style, budget, and scheduling constraints. Your needs become our goals.
- Design — Our knowledge of furniture building and construction is only paralleled by our creativity and design skills. We won’t just work to create a beautiful addition to your home or business, we’ll make sure it’s built to last. Letting you guide the way, we take your personality, style, decor, and functional needs into full consideration. We won’t start on the building process until you’re completely on board and excited to move forward.
- Construction — Whether you’ve trusted us with the building of a new entertainment center or have requested a new hearth and mantle for your den fireplace, our construction process will be approached with an unsurpassed level of craftsmanship and care. Our materials and our refinishing and building techniques combine to ensure years of functional beauty.
- Installation — Our expertise doesn’t stop at our workshop. Our team is highly trained and skilled in the installation of shiplap and reclaimed walls, ceiling beams, shelving units, fireplace walls, mantles, and more. Promising exceptional installation services, our crews are committed to providing incredible customer care.
The Uniqueness of Reclaimed Wood
Reclaimed wood is enjoying a huge popularity boom these days. After all, reclaimed wood is wood that is “reclaimed” somehow, meaning it is wood that has been used before and is destined for a landfill somewhere. With the desire to lessen their carbon footprint, many people are increasingly looking to reuse as much as possible, including building materials. When you use reclaimed wood, you know that no new trees are being cut down in order to do so.
Reclaimed wood is usually sourced from old buildings, barns, and other structures that are in disrepair. Thus, instead of throwing away this wood when a new building is constructed, it’s salvaged and sent for processing. Other times, reclaimed wood is taken from dead or dying trees on the forest floor. Wood can also be salvaged from rivers and lakes that have sunk and been submerged for decades.
Some of this wood is incredibly old, coming from old-growth forests that were cut down one hundred years ago or more. That being said, it is incredibly hard to come by these days since you can no longer log old-growth forests. Thus, you can get some beautiful, unique pieces of wood that have been salvaged by this process.
The Care of Reclaimed Wood
Reclaimed wood is milled like other wood. It is sent to a mill where all nails and other foreign objects are removed from it, including any metals. The wood is quality checked, according to the wood company’s standards, and any defects are removed. Reclaimed wood is just like other wood in terms of its care and maintenance. If you want it to look its best, you’ll need to ensure a finish has been applied. This effectively seals the wood and protects it from the bad guys floating around, namely environmental pollutants and air that can cause the wood to deteriorate. If you place reclaimed wood in the sun, it will fade as well rather quickly. It can also change color.
Benefits of Using Reclaimed Wood
Using reclaimed wood has many benefits:
- Environmentally-friendly. You are saving trees when you reuse old wood.
- Energy savings. It takes a lot less energy to make a tree from wood that has already been sourced than it does when you cut a new one down.
- Requires less processing. Many people choose reclaimed wood for its rustic looks. Thus, they want the wood to look more natural, which means less paints, stains, and other chemicals that are used with newer wood will be used.
- High-quality and strength. Reclaimed woods are usually hardwoods, which are known to be extremely durable and strong. This means they will last a really long time with proper care and maintenance.
- Beautiful. Due to its weathering and age, plus it is often exotic woods, reclaimed floors have an innate beauty with its grains that is hard to find anywhere else.
CHOOSE KNUCKLES UP WOODWORK IN THREE RIVERS FOR YOUR CUSTOM WOODWORK PROJECT TODAY
Knuckles Up Woodwork in Three Rivers offers the best custom woodwork projects using reclaimed and repurposed wood. Our woodworking experts have years of experience of helping our customers bring their dream projects to life. From the beginning to the end, we ensure your needs are being met. We keep in constant communication with you and encourage questions at any phase of the custom woodworking project process. No matter the size and scope of the project, we can help. We have made reclaimed wood cabinets, barnwood furniture, repurposed wood bunk beds, and so much more. There truly is no limit to what we can do.
We are honored to be able to bring you the best in custom wood furniture and more. Our mission is to add beauty and value to your home in a unique and fun way. We’re as excited to start on your next reclaimed wood project as you are. To experience service with a downhome, personal touch, contact the Knuckles Up family today.